You can find J B Post Read more [...]
Peter Coke was born in Southsea in 1913 and is a member of a branch of the distinguished Norfolk family made famous first in the 17thcentury by the influential Lord Chief Justice, Sir Edward Coke and in the following century by “Coke of Norfolk”, the agricultural pioneer of Holkham Hall.
His early years were spent in Kenya, where his father was a coffee farmer. He later returned to England to attend the progressive Stowe School. He had six careers throughout his long life.
- Consular official (briefly).
- Actor, achieving lasting fame as Paul Temple in the radio serials by Francis Durbridge.
- Playwright, with many successes to his credit, including “Breath of Spring”.
- Army officer during World War II.
- Antique dealer, with a shop in the King’s R