Deepdale Festival 201 Read more [...]
The Scira Viking Festival, Family Week. 2019.
Saturday 16th to Friday 22nd February
Provided by Sheringham Museum at The Mo, on the seafront
A week full of fun, creativity and learning for the whole family.
A packed programme of events has been planned by Sheringham Museum at The Mo.
Design and make your version of Viking Artifacts,
Listen to The Old Norse Sagas and the adventures of the Viking Gods.
Build and sail away in your own Viking Longboat after discovering how the Vikings managed to navigate their way to Iceland and the Americas.
Hear stories of The Viking God, Thor, and his amazing hammer, Mjolnir and then make your own protection amulet, something no Viking would leave home without.
Design and paint a Viking Shield and find out about the famous Viking shield wall, then try being part of a shield wall yourself.
Design and print a Viking picture or pattern on a t-shirt or tote bag.
A full list of daily activities, along with timings, prices and how you can book will be added nearer to the event.
Click the Interested Button On this event to receive all of the updates and Like and Follow our main Facebook Page Sheringham Carnival (official)
All the above activities may be subject to change.
These are activities for families. Parents or Carers must accompany their children to all events in this programme.
Parents/carers are welcome to join in with all activities at the same price.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL VIKING FESTIVAL, MUSEUM EVENTS.
• All children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
• Entry to the Museum is through the front entrance doors only. (On the seafront)
• When you book any of our paid events, you qualify to buy a special Viking Pass, giving you museum entry for the whole of the Viking Festival, just £12 for a family of two adults and up to three children. Other Festival Passes, for singles and couples, are also available. Enquire on arrival. That’s an incredible eight days of entry for the usual one-day entry price.
• All prices are to make one item only.
• We recommend that you book your places on any workshop, listed below as, BOOKING RECOMMENDED, the demand for the limited places available is likely to be high. Some places may still be available on the day, please inquire at the front desk.
• To book your place, email, email@example.com Include your name, the names of all taking part, the date, name of the event and time of session required and a contact phone number for confirmation. Or by phone 01263 824482 each day of the Viking Festival from Saturday 16th Feb between 10.00 and 16.00 or by visiting the museum reception any day of the Festival Week. (A copy of Sheringham Museum’s Data Protection Policy is available on request.)
All payments are non-refundable.